What to Expect When You Visit
In order to continue to keep patrons and staff safe, we are asking that you adhere to the following guidelines when using the library:
- All users are encouraged to wear a properly fitting mask which covers their nose and mouth
- If you or anyone in your household is not feeling well, please do not visit the library
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the library
Certain areas and collections of the library are unavailable for use, including meeting rooms, the Discovery Room, all puppets and toys, children’s computers and iPads, the tech playground and some seating areas. Notary and test proctoring services are not available at this time.
Our hours of operation remain the same as our current curbside hours:
Monday–Thursday: 9 am–6 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9 am–5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm–5 pm
Visit this page for updates as we are able to expand our services. If you need special accommodations, please call 309-452-1757 to discuss the available options.
Curb It! Curbside Pickup
We continue to offer curbside pickup for holds and browser packs if you would prefer not to come inside the building. After you receive your pickup notice, come to one of our designated Curb It parking spots, call or text the posted number, and we will bring your items to you!
Computer, Laptop & WiFi Use
Have you been waiting to apply for a job online, print out a resume, or copy some documents? We have a limited number of computers available on a first come, first serve basis. Computer use is limited to 90 minutes a day per person. Printing, faxing and copying services are also available.
Patrons may access the library's free WiFi from their own device. We also offer mobile hotspots available for checkout. Search for 'mobile hotspot' in our catalog to place one on hold.
Resources & Virtual Programs
We've compiled a vairety of resources you can use from home, especially for families, but we bet everyone can find something new! Head on over to normalpl.org/resources to take a look.
Using the Library from Home
Many of the library’s resources are available for free seven days a week:
- Search the library catalog and place holds on items
- Check your library card to view your account or renew items
- Download an eBook or eAudiobook
- Search our databases
These resources are available to Normal Public Library card holders. If prompted, enter your library card number and PIN. Your library card number should start with D03 and your PIN is likely 1234 unless you've changed it.
You can also:
- Download our mobile app on Google Play or the App Store
- Enjoy lots of great virtual programming available on our social media. Like our Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel so you'll know when we're live and have new videos posted. Take a look at our calendar to see our upcoming events.
- Listen to our podcast, Check It Out - over 65 episodes and counting!