2023 Summer Reading Challenge
Find Your Voice
June 1–July 31
- The goal is simple: read every day. You can read anything, from magazines to books to cereal boxes! Read books that you check out from the library, borrow from a friend, buy from the bookstore—anywhere you get books from counts! The library also offers a large selection of digital materials on our website. Exercising those reading muscles through the summer months will help kids stay ready for school in the fall!
- Summer Reading is for all ages! We want to reward you for reading every day.
- Track your progress online using Beanstack. You can use their site, or download the app for your mobile device. Track multiple family members using one login!
- If you prefer to track your reading on paper, download a printable version of the challenge. There is a paper log for kids, teens, and adults.
- Earn tickets for prize drawings! You will earn tickets for both reading and completing activities, which you can use to enter prize drawings for gift cards to some of Bloomington-Normal’s most popular local businesses. The more days you read, the more tickets you earn!
- Complete activity challenges for extra tickets. You will find lots of activity challenges that encourage readers to create, explore, connect, and play. Each activity challenge offers options for all ages and reading abilities!
- Read each day for six weeks or more and earn a completion prize! Days read can be consecutive, but do not have to be. Reading counts from June 1 through July 31. Completion prizes are available while supplies last.
- Check our calendar for details on events and stay tuned for more updates!
A few dates to keep in mind:
July 31 – Last day reading counts for Summer Reading
August 3 – Last day to enter tickets for drawings in Beanstack
August 7 – Last day to pick up prizes at the Library
Did you know you can use Beanstack year round? Beanstack can be used as a reading tracker anytime, whether we are running a reading challenge or not! You can log by day, minutes, pages, and books.
Summer Activity Guide
As always, a big thank you to the Normal Public Library Foundation for sponsoring Summer Reading!