Craft Your Fall Bucket List with NPL
Network Maintenance & Limited Services on December 2 & 3
On Saturday, December 2, and Sunday, December 3, the Town of Normal's network will undergo maintenance that will impact many of the library's services. Our catalog, phone system, internet access, and printing services will likely be down during this work.
We are unsure how long or how extensive the outages will be during this maintenance weekend and appreciate everyone's patience as this maintenance is performed.
If you do come to the library to check out materials, please remember to bring your library card with you as we will not be able to look your account up with a photo ID. If you use our curbside service, please be prepared to provide your library card to staff assisting you. You will not be able to check out materials without your physical card present.
Have you felt the crunch of leaves under your feet yet? If not, you will soon. It's time to make your fall bucket list! NPL has the resources to help you achieve those awesome autumn experiences. Check out the 10 examples below for a perfect fall!
1. Bake an apple pie: Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life (Adult nonfiction - 641.865 MCD)
2. Learn how to knit: Knit It! Learn the Basics and Knit 22 Beautiful Projects (Adult nonfiction - 746.432 LEA)
3. Make a fall cocktail: The New Craft of the Cocktail: Everything You Need to Know to Think Like a Master Mixologist, with 500 Recipes (Adult nonfiction - 641.874 DEG)
4. Create a collection of fall leaves: National Audubon Society Trees of North America: The Complete Identification Reference to Trees with Full-color Photographs Displaying Leaf Shape (Adult nonfiction - 634.909 NAT)
5. Host a spooky movie night: For super adult frights, Binge Box: Up All Night Horror Box 1 or 2 (DVD, binge boxes); for gentle scares, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (DVD-ADVE-FAMILY-653)
6. Enjoy your favorite pumpkin drink or treat: The Pumpkin Cookbook: 139 Recipes Celebrating the Versatility of Pumpkin and Other Winter Squash (Adult nonfiction - 641.6562 STO)
7. Plan the perfect Halloween costume or party: A Halloween How-to: Costumes, Parties, Decorations, and Destinations (Adult nonfiction - 394.2646 BAN)
8. Select and plant some bulbs for spring flowers: Spring Bulbs: Daffodils, Tulips, and Hyacinths (Adult nonfiction - 635.94 STE)
9. Fill your home with autumn scents: Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: An Introductory Guide (Adult nonfiction - 615.321 ESS)
10. Take a hike or go on a bike ride to experience the changing seasons: Rail-trails Illinois, Indiana, & Ohio: The Definitive Guide to the Region's Top Multiuse Trails (Adult nonfiction - 796.51 RAI)
And a bonus: 11. Spend the day reading a book. (Check out whatever you choose!) ;)
Craft yourself a beautiful fall season with the help of the Normal Public Library.
PS - Need more inspo? Peep this list from HelloLittleHome