Arts Events at the Library this Summer
Network Maintenance & Limited Services on December 2 & 3
On Saturday, December 2, and Sunday, December 3, the Town of Normal's network will undergo maintenance that will impact many of the library's services. Our catalog, phone system, internet access, and printing services will likely be down during this work.
We are unsure how long or how extensive the outages will be during this maintenance weekend and appreciate everyone's patience as this maintenance is performed.
If you do come to the library to check out materials, please remember to bring your library card with you as we will not be able to look your account up with a photo ID. If you use our curbside service, please be prepared to provide your library card to staff assisting you. You will not be able to check out materials without your physical card present.
Summer Reading is well on its way, and with the Find Your Voice theme, now is the perfect time to get artsy at the library.
From writing poetry to folding origami to singing a song, art can take many forms. It's all about expressing yourself and creating something new!
Looking for inspiration or a crafting community? The library has loads of art-related events this summer for all ages and skill-levels.
Some upcoming events include:
- Tiny Art Show: Enjoy artwork from participants of all ages in the glass case on the second floor from July 3-31!
- Tween/Teen Crafternoon: We’ll provide the supplies, you provide the creativity in this open crafts day aimed at ages 10-14.
- Paper Crafting Club: Paper crafters, please join us for an opportunity to work on your projects. We will provide a large workspace and bring out some of our best paper crafting tools for you to try and use.
- Shakespeare Festival: Theater for Young Audiences: This show is perfect for the whole family! Bring your children, grandchildren, or youth group - everyone is welcome and the price is FREE!
- Itsy Arts: On Location: This class will provide children a safe and playful space where creativity and imagination can flourish and where motor skills, confidence, and expression can be nurtured, honed, and explored.
- Instrument Petting Zoo: Drop in to check out some cool instruments! Geared to ages 3-12, but all are welcome.
And these are just in July!
NPL's Summer Reading Challenge runs until July 31, but the arts events at the library never stop!