Summer Reading Challenge 2021
Summer Reading begins on June 1
- The goal is simple: read every day. You can read anything, from magazines to books to cereal boxes! Read books that you check out from the library, borrow from a friend, buy from the bookstore - anywhere you get books from counts! The library also offers a large selection of digital materials on our website, including Overdrive, eRead Illinois (using the Axis 360 app), and Hoopla. Exercising those reading muscles through the summer months will help kids stay ready for school in the fall!
- Summer Reading is for all ages! We want to reward you for reading every day.
- Track your progress online using Beanstack. You can use their site, or download the app for your mobile device. Track multiple family members using one login!. You can print or pick up a fun activity booklet that you can also use to track your reading for the summer. You'll have to log in Beanstack too if you want to enter the ticket prize drawings. You can use this calendar to keep track of the days you read and see all of the fun activities we have planned for you this summer!
- Earn tickets for prize drawings! You’ll earn tickets for both reading and completing activities, which you can use to enter prize drawings for gift cards to some of Bloomington-Normal’s most popular local businesses. The more days you read, the more tickets you earn!
- Complete activity challenges for extra tickets. You’ll find lots of activity challenges that encourage readers to create, explore, connect, and play. Each activity challenge offers options for all ages and reading abilities!
- Read each day for six weeks or more and earn a completion prize! Days read can be consecutive, but don't have to be. Reading counts from June 1 through July 31. Completion prizes available while supplies last.
- Check our calendar for details on events and stay tuned for more more updates!
Did you know you can use Beanstack year round? Beanstack can be used as a reading tracker anytime, whether we're running a reading challenge or not! You can log by day, minutes, pages and books.
1,000 Book Before Kindergarten continues to be available on Beanstack.
And as always, a big thank you to the Normal Public Library Foundation for sponsoring Summer Reading!