Curb It! Curbside Pickup Service
Busy schedule? No parking spaces? Car full of kids or a sleeping baby? We will bring your books out to you! Want to Curb It? Here's how:
Step 1: Place your hold requests
Step 2: Wait for notification by email or phone that your holds are ready for you to pickup.
Step 3: Arrive at NPL, follow the directions on the Curb It signs, and we will bring your items out to you! Pop your trunk or roll down a back window and library staff will place your items in your vehicle to complete your contactless hold pickup.
Assistive Devices & Collections
Devices Available by Request
- ZoomText available on many library computers. ZoomText magnifies the images on your screen to make computers easier to use for people with visual limitations.
- Electric Scooter
- Braille books for children (available to check out)
- Fidget objects
- Weighted blankets
- Wiggle seats
- Large Print Books
- Downloads & Streaming: Digital books, audiobooks, magazines, and movies are available for download with your library card from anywhere and are customizable for people with disabilities. Learn more.
Home Delivery Service
Normal Public Library provides free library services to residents who find it difficult to leave their homes without assistance. This can be because of age, illness, accident, disability, or any other reason keeping you from visiting the library. If you are interested in receiving home delivery service on a temporary or permanent basis, please call 309-452-1757 or fill out this form.
NPL for All App
Thanks to a successful Giving Tuesday campaign in 2019, we are happy to offer this app for all of our patrons to use.
The NPL for All app helps all children, adults and families, including those with autism or other sensory needs, engage with us. In the app, you will be able to learn more about our programs, create your own schedule for a visit to the library, play a game, and check out features like our sensory-friendly map and insider tips. In the app stores, try using 'Normal Public Library for All' in your search if 'NPL for All' is not working.
Download the app from the App Store
The library offers a variety of helpful and useful services to help make the library fun and easy to use.
- Bike racks are located on the north side of the building and bike locks can be borrowed for free.
- Parking is limited in our on site lot, but nearby parking in the College Avenue parking deck is free to library users.
- Remote Item Drops allow our library users to return items with convenience.
Service animals are always welcome in the library. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all of our visitors. Service animals are permitted under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We have developed social stories to help prepare you or your child to visit the library.
We are dedicated to serving our entire community.
We coordinate all communication related to ADA with the Town of Normal ADA Coordinator. For more information on accessibility, contact Library Director John Fischer at 309-433-3488 or firstname.lastname@example.org.