Busy schedule? No parking spaces? Car full of kids or a sleeping baby? We'll bring your books to our curb! Want to curb it? Here's how:
- As usual, we will contact you when your hold is ready.
- Give us a call at 309-452-1757 and let us know you want to curb it!
- We'll check out your hold over the phone and work with you to schedule a time that fits your schedule to come pick up your hold.
- Come to NPL at your scheduled time and pull up to the designated Curb It spot in front of the building.
- Give us a call when you arrive, and we will bring your books to you so you can be on your way!
Assistive Technology and Collections
- We offer ZoomText available on many library computers. ZoomText magnifies the images on your screen to make computers easier to use for people with visual limitations.
- We offer wheelchairs, walkers, and an electric scooter for your convenience in the library
- Braille books for children available for check out
- Fidget objects, weighted blankets, wiggle seats for use in the library
Books On the Go
Books On the Go is a service that provides free books to the community with no strings attached. We stock each BOTG location with books for all ages. There is no expectation that these items be returned to NPL.
Currently, we support BOTG collections at Uptown Station, School Street Food Pantry, Carle Cancer Center, and Behavioral Health and Addiction Recovery Units at Carle-Bromenn.
The Normal Public Library maintains collections at nursing homes and retirement facilities upon request.
Our staff select materials that residents will enjoy and deliver books regularly so there is always something new.
Home Delivery Service
The Normal Public Library provides free library services to residents who find it difficult to leave their own homes without assistance, or who are confined to their homes for any reason. If you're interested in receiving home delivery service, please request contact online or call the library at 309-452-1757 and ask for our home delivery staff.
NPL for All App
Thanks to a successful Giving Tuesday campaign in 2019, we're happy to offer this app for all of our patrons to use.
The NPL for All app helps all children, adults and families, including those with autism or other sensory needs, engage with us. In the app, you will be able to learn more about our programs, create your own schedule for a visit to the library, play a game, and check out features like our sensory-friendly map and insider tips. In the app stores, try using 'Normal Public Library for All' in your search if 'NPL for All' isn't working.
We bring books, movies, and even tech toys out to various places in the community to make it easier for you to connect with NPL. We can make you a library card, renew an existing account, check out materials, and answer any questions you may have about the library.
We offer a Wellness Room on the second floor, near the stairs. This room is available to mothers requesting a private place to nurse or children accompanied by an adult in need of a calm, quiet space to re-group for a short period of time.