Busy schedule? No parking spaces? Car full of kids or a sleeping baby? We'll bring your books to our curb! Want to curb it? Here's how:
- As usual, we will contact you when your hold is ready.
- Give us a call at 309-452-1757 and let us know you want to curb it!
- We'll check out your hold over the phone and work with you to schedule a time that fits your schedule to come pick up your hold.
- Come to NPL at your scheduled time and pull up to the designated Curb It spot in front of the building.
- Give us a call when you arrive, and we will bring your books to you so you can be on your way!
Assistive Technology and Collections
- We offer ZoomText available on many library computers. ZoomText magnifies the images on your screen to make computers easier to use for people with visual limitations.
- We offer wheelchairs, walkers, and an electric scooter for your convenience in the library
- Braille books for children avaialble for check out
- Fidget objects, weighted blankets, wiggle seats for use in the library
The Normal Public Library maintains collections at nursing homes and retirement facilities upon request.
Our staff select materials that residents will enjoy and deliver books regularly so there is always something new.
Home Delivery Service
The Normal Public Library provides free library services to residents who find it difficult to leave their own homes without assistance, or who are confined to their homes for any reason. If you're interested in receiving home delivery service, please request contact online or call the library at 309-452-1757 and ask for our home delivery staff.
We bring books, movies, and even tech toys out to various places in the community to make it easier for you to connect with NPL. We can make you a library card, renew an existing account, check out materials, and answer any questions you may have about the library. Join us at any of our regular stops!
Normal Activity & Recreation Center (ARC) on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10 am
Children's Discovery Museum on the 3rd Friday of the month at 10:30 am.
We offer a Wellness Room on the second floor, near the stairs. This room is available to mothers requesting a private place to nurse or children accompanied by an adult in need of a calm, quiet space to re-group for a short period of time.