In light of recently released Illinois Department of Health guidelines and the current community spread of COVID-19, the Library is returning to curbside service only until further notice. NPL is committed to providing safe, sustainable services that optimize the health of our patrons and staff. As this is a rapidly changing situation, we will continue to review services and hours and communicate any changes via our newsletter and social media pages.
We have canceled all on-site programming and events until further notice in response to public health concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes public use of our meeting spaces. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding at this time.
Resources & Virtual Programs
We've compiled a bunch of resources you can use from home, especially for families, but we bet everyone can find something new! Head on over to normalpl.org/resources to take a look.
Chat with us!
We'd love to help! Click HERE to open a text chat with a librarian.
Using the Library from Home
As a reminder, many of the library’s resources are available for free seven days a week:
- Click HERE to start a text chat with a librarian.
- Search the Library catalog and place holds on items
- Check your library card to view your account or renew items
- Download an eBook or eAudiobook
- Take a look at RBdigital, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines, continuing education courses, test prep, health and wellness, music, movies, and tv.
- Search our databases
- Download our mobile app on Google Play or the App Store
- Listen to our podcast, Check It Out - over 60 episodes and counting!
These resources are available to Normal Public Library card holders. If prompted, enter your library card number and PIN. Your library card number should start with D03 and your PIN is likely 1234 unless you've changed it.
Get the latest official information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from
• CDC (includes fact sheets in English, Spanish & Chinese)
On March 14, the Library building was completely closed to the public and began offering virtual and digtial services.
On June 8, we began offering our Curb It! service again. Learn more about normalpl.org/curbit. Materials can be returned at the book return in our parking lot and at our offsite book drops.
As of November 14, our building is not open to the public, and we continue to offer Curb It! service, along with Browser Packs, virtual programs, digital resources, and item returns. We are currently not able to accept donations or provide computer use.