NPL will be closed to the public until further notice
We have canceled all programming and events through April 12 in response to public health concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes public use of our meeting spaces. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding at this time.
Our onsite and offsite bookdrops will be closed. Please hold on to any items you have checked out for now. Due dates will be adjusted.
More information will be shared on this page and our social media channels as it becomes available.
On Wednesday, March 11 Illinois State University announced the extension of Spring Break by a week and online classes until at least April 12. In light of this information and the uncertainty of the upcoming weeks, the Partners in Reading program will be canceled for the remainder of this Spring semester.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Resources & Virtual Programs
We've compiled a bunch of resources you can use from home, especially for families, but we bet everyone can find something new! Head on over to normalpl.org/resources to take a look.
Chat with us!
We'd love to help! Click HERE to open a text chat with a librarian.
Using the Library from Home
As a reminder, many of the library’s resources are available for free seven days a week:
- Click HERE to start a text chat with a librarian.
- Search the Library catalog and place holds on items
- Check your library card to view your account or renew items
- Download an eBook or eAudiobook
- Take a look at RBdigital, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines, continuing education courses, test prep, health and wellness, music, movies, tv, and audiobooks
- Search our databases
- Browse our Recommendations page for new books and staff picks
- Download our mobile app on Google Play or the App Store
- Listen to our podcast, Check It Out - over 50 episodes and counting!
These resources are available to Normal Public Library card holders. If prompted, enter your library card number and PIN. Your library card number should start with D03 and your PIN is likely 1234 unless you've changed it.