What is Giving Tuesday?
You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday is a campaign started to help make our holiday gift-giving even more meaningful by encouraging donations to great causes on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year.
We hope you’ll be a part of this global effort!
At NPL, we select a project each year so that our Giving Tuesday efforts lead to tangible results that can be available to a wide variety of patrons.
2020 Giving Tuesday
Thanks to all who particpated in Giving Tuesday this year!
How do I give?
So glad you asked! We appreciate your donation of any amount!
If you’d like to make your donation by check, please make it payable to the “Normal Public Library Foundation” and either mail it to us at 206 W. College Ave, Normal, IL 61761, or bring it to the Front Desk. Automatic monthly giving is also available. Just fill out and return the form provided to set up automatic debits from a checking or savings account. We will happily provide a letter for tax purposes.
Past Giving Tuesday Campaigns
2019: Sensory NPL App
- By creating a sensory app for all of our patrons to use, we continue to make the Library a safe and welcoming enviroment for library patrons living with autism and their families.
2018: Google Expeditions
- Our 2018 goal of purchasing Google Expeditions Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality kits resulted in lots of great programs both in and outside the library as we've shared places all over the world with so many of you!
2017: Circulating Technology
- You helped us raise over $2,000 to enrich our collection of circulating technology for the public, including mobile hot spots.
2016: Author and Speaker Series
- You helped us raise money to bring an author and speaker series to the community. These guest speakers will consist of experts presenting on current events, historical and local subjects, and areas of interest to the community as well as authors who would otherwise be beyond our means.
2015: Teen Mobile Makerspace
- Our goal in 2015 was to raise $6,000 to create a Teen Mobile Makerspace. A makerspace is an area that encourages participation in hands-on collaborative learning, sharing, and creating through the use of technology and do-it-yourself materials. Through the great support of our patrons and a generous matching donation, we were able to raise over $6,500.
2014: Our Technology Playground
- Our goal in 2014 was to raise $3,000 to provide five iPads with cases and needed accessories for our Technology Playground so the children in our community could experience technology and all of the learning tools it provides. Through the great support of our patrons and a generous matching donation, we were able to raise $4,700.
- Every day, kids enjoy iPads and other technologies at the library because of generous donations from patrons just like you.