2018 Giving Tuesday - Thank you!
Thank you for helping us reach our goal!
In continuing our tradition of providing our community with access to the most innovative technology available, Normal Public Library is seeking a total of $10,000 for a Google Expeditions Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality kit. The Google Expeditions kit, which allows for up to thirty (30) individuals to simultaneously explore the exciting worlds of both Virtual and Augmented Reality, will be used in library programs that span all age groups. From children exploring our solar system to seniors going on guided tours of Paris and everything in between, this kit will enable community members to experience a new realm of opportunities.
We envision the Google Expeditions kit to be used in our STEAM Club and Tech-It-Out children's programs, our Partners in Technology program for 10-14 year-olds, our Teen Mobile Makerspace, our hands-on Adult programs, and beyond. The Google Expeditions kit is also mobile, enabling our outreach staff to bring the thrills directly to our offsite patrons, including our regularly visited senior centers.
What is Giving Tuesday?
You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday is a campaign started to help make our holiday gift-giving even more meaningful by encouraging donations to great causes on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year.
We hope you’ll be a part of this global effort!
This year all donations from #GivingTuesday will help to fund immersive virtual reality experiences that will transport patrons of all ages to different countries, historical sites, and cities aided by the purchase of Google Expedition kits.
How do I give?
So glad you asked! We appreciate your donation of any amount!
If you’d like to make your donation by check, please make it payable to the “Normal Public Library Foundation” and either mail it to us at 206 W. College Ave, Normal, IL 61761, or bring it to the Front Desk. Automatic monthly giving is also available. Just fill out and return the form provided to set up automatic debits from a checking or savings account. We will happily provide a letter for tax purposes.You can also donate by texting nplf to 243725 to give.
Past Giving Tuesday Campaigns
2014: Our Technology Playground
- Our goal in 2014 was to raise $3,000 to provide five iPads with cases and needed accessories for our Technology Playground so the children in our community could experience technology and all of the learning tools it provides. Through the great support of our patrons and a generous matching donation, we were able to raise $4,700.
- Every day, kids enjoy iPads and other technologies at the library because of generous donations from patrons just like you.
2015: Teen Mobile Makerspace
- Our goal in 2015 was to raise $6,000 to create a Teen Mobile Makerspace. A makerspace is an area that encourages participation in hands-on collaborative learning, sharing, and creating through the use of technology and do-it-yourself materials. Through the great support of our patrons and a generous matching donation, we were able to raise over $6,500.
2016: Author and Speaker Series
- You helped us raise money to bring an author and speaker series to the community. These guest speakers will consist of experts presenting on current events, historical and local subjects, and areas of interest to the community as well as authors who would otherwise be beyond our means.
2017: Circulating Technology
- You helped us raise over $2,000 to enrich our collection of circulating technology for the public, including mobile hot spots.