About Text Message Notifications
You can sign up to receive text messages to notify you when items are soon due or overdue, when your holds are available, and more using our Shoutbomb service.
You can even respond to these messages to renew items!
Before signing up, please keep in mind that standard texting rates apply.
What You’ll Need
- A mobile phone that can send text messages to an email address.
- Your Normal Public Library library card number (D03…)
- The PIN for your library account.
Send a text message to email@example.com with this as your message:
SIGNUP+[Your Library Card Number]+[Your PIN]
You’ll need the + signs, but not the brackets. Confusing? Here’s an example:
You should be all signed up! Good work!
If you want to get fancy, you can change your message settings by texting these commands to firstname.lastname@example.org and then following instructions:
- NOTICES See your current on/off status for each type of notice.
- HOLDS Toggle your holds notices off and on.
- RENEW Toggle your courtesy notices about items that are due soon off and on.
- OVERDUE Toggle your overdue notices off and on.
- FEES Toggle your notices about fines and fees off and on.
You can get even fancier. Visit this information page on the Shoutbomb service to find more text commands.